Introduction to Laser Cutting w/ Nick Coffey
Areas of learning:
- Laser Safety
- Introduction to components of the laser cutter
- Overview of materials
- Preparing the machine for operation
- Understanding of the Hurricane CAM software
- Positioning the laser and workpiece
- Navigating the laser User interface
- Cutting 1/4″ plywood
- Post-cut cleaning
- Finishing techniques for wood pieces
How to prepare for the class:
During the class you may cut a predesigned vector file. Feel free to create your own vector file to execute on the machine. Your file must be no larger than 100mm x 100mm (4″ x 4″) and be in a .dxf format. We encourage members to spend time developing their VCarve Pro, Illustrator and/or Photoshop skills, so you can create files quite easily!
Please arrive on time, the class will start at 6pm sharp.